My Blog List

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday, 9/08/10. Cardboard Organic Project - Critique & Progress update # 3

The critique of my cardboard piece went really well, there weren't really any negative comments. My group said that all I really needed to do was attach the core part to the tendril part and I'd be finished. They also said that the two integrated well together. The ribbing in the tendrils received praise because it brought the tendrils out of the 2nd dimension and gave it some form. My own critiques would be that the back of the tendril is pretty plain, but I'm a little unsure of what to do about it at this point. In the class time I had after the critique I managed to attach the segments of the tendrils to form my three final tendrils. I attached the segments by sliding the ends of two together and hot-gluing the cardboard strips where they met. I then wood-glued the excess "skin" down over the exposed ribbing (holding it down with pins) to make it as seamless as I could. The end result came out better than I imagined. I then tested how they would fit into the core and what the final piece would look like.

1 comment: