My Blog List

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, 9/19/10. The Exquisite Corpse Two

                                                                                                                              
My Corpse: "The humid lawnmower recited an anonymous canyon"                                                                                                                                                       
I probably walked around for about a half hour and took about 30 shots before I got this one. My thought went through various stages, at first I wanted to get a picture with a macro shot of something green with a wierd, "canyon like", point of view drop in the background; but I couldn't find a shot that I liked for this. I eventually found this rusty bridge with some leaves growing on it and for some reason it struck a cord. It made me think of earth growing and reclaiming, a place un-cut by man and mower for quite some time. I liked the composition of the piece with the angled and rigid bars against the organic and weaker leaf. I also liked how the lines and focus of the shot draw your eye. I was originally going to re-shoot this because my knee was in the way, but upon further thought I came to feel that it actually added to the narrative (personally). ...Perhaps it is the perspective of a person that has stumbled upon this scene, kneeling down to take a look at this sight, in the depths of an anonymous forest/canyon.

1 comment:

  1. nice. thanks for letting me hear into your brain your process. very nicely composed image.

    ReplyDelete