My Blog List

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, 5/6/10. Cardboard Organic Project - Progress Update #2

I decided to stay after class for a couple of hours to work on my cardboard project. I really wanted to get a bearing on where I was with it and to where I felt comfortable. I ended up putting the "skin" on the rest of my tendrils and laying them out to see how they would look (roughly) attached to the core.

I found that the best way to attach the skin was to set it down, apply a line of glue down its length, and then spread the glue on it for an even coat. I then simply picked it up at from the ends, flipped it over, and placed it on the tendril, making sure to press it against the ribbing so it would set right.

I still need to refine the tendrils with some curvature and mark them with detail.

^in my previous posts, my picture of the core was in a much lower resolution. This image better shows detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment