My Blog List

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, 9/14/10. Cardboard organic project - Progress update # 4

Today I finished up my cardboard piece. I squished the corrugation on the edges of the needles (tendrils previsouly) and scratched/sanded the surface of them to make it look less like freshly cut cardboard. I then attached the needles to the core. I also found out that my object actually is a pine needle, and that they are supposed to be pointy on the ends...I didn't know that =/ (guess my reference needle was just broken) So, I set off to fix the points on mine (except one which I intended to look broken). I marked a taper with pencil and then, with a fresh blade, carefully cut along this guide. I was worried that this would mess up the piece, since it hadn't been accounted for in my original design, but the result turned out nicely (and I made sure to practice it on a scrap piece first).

No comments:

Post a Comment