My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday, 10/04/10. Monologue Video Process

It took me a while to find out what I could talk about. At first I wanted to cover a serious topic, but I found myself a bit unsure of most topics. I ended up talking about something I knew a little bit about, video games. Being a monologue I wanted it to have some point, so I decided to narrow the topic to the of morality and ethics of games. I also decided to film the monologue in my car, where there would be less background noise and where I felt more comfortable. From there I wrote myself a script and practiced it to myself. After going through it a few times, I realized it would take much longer than a minute...so I ended up cutting a lot out and keeping the script simple. I practiced this new script a few times with the camera recording to see how it looked. I still stumbled over some words and looked unsure, so I decided to condense my script yet again. This resulted in a short list of notes meant to jot my mind if I got lost, and it worked pretty well. After 3 or 4 takes I was able to pick one that I felt good about and submitted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment