My Blog List

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ink sketches


These were all made by striking a utensil against the paper. The top was paint being blown out of a straw. The bottom left was made with a dowel rod, the one to the right of it a paint brush, and the one to the far right a paint-stirrer.



These were made by smearing paint with different utensils onto the paper. The top left and bottom right were both made with a plastic knife (also for the bottom right I smeared paint off of teared paper, that was placed on the surface of the canvas). For the bottom left I used a paper straw wrapper, and for the top right I actually used part of a sandwich left over from my lunch...




These were created with repetitions of marks; The top left was made by me writing my name over and over again, the top left was made by a paint brush dragged in a squiggly line over and over, the bottom was made by pressing a fork down to make lines over and over again, and the bottom right was me smearing a paper towel over two knifes laid back to back to make a print, over and over again.





These were made with the same utensil (a foam brush), but I experimented with different methods of using it. For the top left I used a swoosh-stroke and limited it to the bottom of the page. For the top right I used a spiraling gesture and continued it all over the page. For the bottom left I twirled the bush on its end to get a circular shaped mark, and for the bottom right I used more fervent brush strokes and a chaotic fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment