My Blog List

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

10/05/10 First Wave Feminist art + the ripples before and after

overview

1) Essentials [identity]
-the person
-body
-sexuality
-vaginal iconography
-affirm female attributes

2) Materials/techniques
-unique women

3) Activism
-performance
-sisterhood

4) Distinguish art of man/woman

We also watched video's from the Womanhouse, which was sort of an art coop of women presenting installations and performances related to the feminist movement. It was all very interesting, but I think my favorite piece was the "waiting" piece by Faith Wilding because it allowed me to get a glimpse of what a woman's life was like in a way that I had really never thought of. That was only heightened by her dramatic reading of it and body language; her rocking became more severe/lower as the piece went on, to echo age.

No comments:

Post a Comment